The words 'Jal Mahal' mean ‘water palace' and the Jal Mahal Palace in Jaipur is just that. It was built in the 1750 by Maharaja Jai Singh II of Amber, right in the middle of the Man Sagar Lake. It is made of red sandstone. This is a splendid combination of the Rajput and Mughal styles of architecture. It is a five storey palace, when the lake is full of water its four storey are merged under water, and only the top floor is visible.
Picture of Jal Mahal-
1. The words 'jai mahal' mean 'Water Palace'.
2. Jaipur city of the Rajasthan state has a Jal Mahal.
3. It is situated in the middle of the Man Sagar Lake.
4. It was built by Maharaja Jai Singh II of Amber in the 18th.century.
5. It is made of made of red sandstone.
6. It is a harmonious blend of the Rajput and Mughal styles of architecture.
7. The Jal Mahal is a 266 year old building year old palace, which built in 1750.
8. It is a five storey building, when the lake (Man Sagar Lake) is full of water its four storeys are dipped under water, and only the top floor is visible.
9. It provides a pleasing glimpse of the Man Sagar Lake, and the Nahargarh Hills which is spread around it.
10. The palace was built as a picnic spot for the sake of royal family.