In this video we will learn about the various characteristics which are defining the living word. These characteristics are as follows:
- Cellular Organisation and
- Accretion: Increase by addition to the periphery of material of the same nature as that already present; e.g., the manner of growth of crystals.
- Increase in mass and increase in number of individuals are twin characteristics of growth.
- A multicellular organism grows by cell division.
- In plants, this growth by cell division occurs continuously throughout their life span.
- In animals, this growth is seen only up to a certain age.
- Growth which is taking from internal body is known as Intussusceptions
- Production of progeny is not the property of non living organisms and only shown by the living organisms.
- All plants, animals, fungi and microbes exhibit metabolism.
- Anabolism is responsible for producing growth in organisms
- Cellular organisation is present in living organisms and absent in non-living organisms
Please share your feedback and suggestions for this video.