CBSE Class 11th The Living Word What is Living
In this video we will learn about the various characteristics which are defining the living word.
In this video we will learn about the various characteristics which are defining the living word. These characteristics are as follows:
- Cellular Organisation and
- Accretion: Increase by addition to the periphery of material of the same nature as that already present; e.g., the manner of growth of crystals.
- Increase in mass and increase in number of individuals are twin characteristics of growth.
- A multicellular organism grows by cell division.
- In plants, this growth by cell division occurs continuously throughout their life span.
- In animals, this growth is seen only up to a certain age.
- Growth which is taking from internal body is known as Intussusceptions
- Production of progeny is not the property of non living organisms and only shown by the living organisms.
- All plants, animals, fungi and microbes exhibit metabolism.
- Anabolism is responsible for producing growth in organisms
- Cellular organisation is present in living organisms and absent in non-living organisms
Please share your feedback and suggestions for this video.