Central University of Gujarat Recruitment 2016 for 87 Professor and Other Posts
Central University of Gujarat (CUG) invited applications for the post of Professor and Other Posts. The eligible candidates can apply to the post through the prescribed format on or before 12 April 2016.
Central University of Gujarat (CUG) Jobs Notification: Central University of Gujarat (CUG) invited applications for the post of Professor and Other Posts. The eligible candidates can apply to the post through the prescribed format on or before 12 April 2016.
Employment News Week and Notification No. : 18/2016
Date of publication of advertisement: 12 March 2016
Last Date for Submission of Application: 12 April 2016
Central University of Gujarat (CUG) Vacancy Details
Total Number of Posts: 87
- Professor-14 Posts
- Associate Professor-34 Posts
- Assistant Professor-39 Posts
Eligibility Criteria for Professor and Other Posts
- Professor- An eminent scholar with Ph.D. degree in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline and published work of high quality, actively engaged in research as evidenced by of published work with a minimum of 10 publications as books and/or research/policy papers. A minimum of ten years of teaching experience in university/college, and/or experience in research at the University/National level institutions/industries, including experience of guiding successfully candidates for research at doctoral level.Contribution to educational innovation, design of new curricula and courses, and technology – mediated teaching learning process.
- Associate Professor- Consistently Good academic record with a Ph.D. Degree in the concerned/allied/relevant disciplines. A Master’s Degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed). c) A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and/or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution/industry excluding the period of Ph.D. research with evidence of published work and a minimum of 5 publications as books and/or research/policy papers. d) Contribution to educational innovation, design of new curricula and courses, and technology – mediated teaching learning process with evidence of having guided successfully doctoral candidates. e) A minimum score as stipulated in the Academic Performance Indicator (API) based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS) set out in UGC Regulations
- Assistant Professor- Consistently Good academic record as defined by the university with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the Master’s Degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university. b) Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC. CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET c) Notwithstanding anything contained in (a & b) above, candidates who are, or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions. d) NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such Masters’ Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted.
How to Apply for the Central University of Gujarat (CUG) Jobs 2016
Eligible candidates can apply to the post through the prescribed format and send the applications along with other necessary documents to the Director Sector - 29, Gandhinagar - 382 030, Ph. No.079 23977407.
Application Fees for Professor and Other Posts
Gen : Rs.500/-
OBC : Rs.250/-