CSIR- Institute of Microbial Technology (CSIR-IMTECH) invited applications for admission to PhD programs. The candidates eligible for the courses can appear for walk in interview on 29 June 2016.
Eligibility for CSIR-IMTECH PhD Programs
Candidates with Master's Degree or equivalent in any branch of science (Physics, Chemistry, Life Sciences, Microbiology, Botany, Zoology, Physiology, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Biotechnology, Pharmacy) or in chemical/biochemical engineering and have qualified for obtaining research fellowship after passing CSIR/PhDC NET or DBT JRF examination (‘A’ Category) or DST INSPIRE Fellowship or ICMR JRF examination are eligible to be interviewed.
Courses offered in the PhD program of CSIR-IMTECH
- Molecular Biology: Molecular biology of pathogens, gene silencing, stress tolerance, signal transduction, gene expression, genome-wide analysis
- Cell Biology & Immunology: Host- pathogen interactions, TB vaccine development, T- and B-cell activation, infectious agents & vaccine targets, protein trafficking
- Protein Science & Engineering: Structure-function relationships, design, folding, engineering, stability, expression, structural analysis and modeling, crystallization, structure determination of proteins and structure- based drug designing etc.
- Applied & Environmental Microbiology: Microbial diversity, environmental biotechnology, biotransformations, extremophiles and their metabolites
- Bioinformatics: Computer-aided vaccine and drug development, genome annotations, protein structure prediction, molecular simulations
- Bioorganic Chemistry: Enzymes and abzymes in organic synthesis, biocatalysis and bioactive molecules
- Peptide Chemistry: Peptide synthesis, conformational characterization and modelling
- Biochemical Engineering: Fermentation & downstream processing, process development and optimization, bioreactor modelling and control
- Biosensors & Bionanotechnology: Nanobio approaches for immunodiagnostics of clinically important disease biomarkers based on bioprobe electronic interfacing.
How to Apply: Eligible candidates are required to bring 2 copies of attested photograph and 2 original copies of filled-in form in the prescribed format (may be downloaded from our website). The copy of filled-in form should be sent at email@example.com as an attachment. Students are also required to bring original and attested copies of (a) All certificates (school leaving, B.Sc., M.Sc., etc.), (b) Proof of passing NET or other Junior Research Fellowship Examination (a copy of certificate or roll number along with newspaper clipping showing result with roll number should be highlighted). Those who are selected will be assigned labs and will be required to pay Rs.3000/- in cash (non-refundable) towards registration which will be immediately done after selection/admission. Reservation as per rules will be applicable to SC/ST/OBC candidates.
Date of Walk in Interview: 29 June 2016