Question - Answers for January 2013 are prepared in a way that it will be helpful for Aspirants of IAS|PCS, SSC, Banking as well as other exam in their preparation. A sound knowledge of facts and figures is always needed for cracking these exams. Intensive study as well as extensive study should be done by the students for clearing the IAS Main exam as well as IAS prelim exam 2013.
1. India and Bangladesh signed agreements on extradition of criminals and liberalising visa regime. Describe the major points of the agreement and discuss its benefits for both the nations.
2. India dropped to 140th rank in the latest world press freedom index released in the last week of January 2013. Enlist the factors which led to such a lowly rank for India. Also discuss why Press freedom should be treated as a Universal right?
3.Justice JS Verma Panel report was submitted to the government on the Sexual Crimes. Enlist the main features of the report. Suggest measures to contain sexual crimes.
4. Supreme Court banned tourists’ entry in Jarawa tribe habitat of Andamans. What do you understand by Jarawa tribe. Do you agree that tourists’ entry is harming Jarawa trib? Support your answer with reasons.
5. Reserve Bank of India slashed Repo Rate to 7.75 Percent and CRR to 4 Percent. What do you mean by Repo rate and CRR? How these measures adopted by RBI will control inflation?
6. Gas that causes Ozone destruction was discovered by the researchers. What is Ozone? Which gases causes destruction of Ozone? Suggest measures to stop the destruction of Ozone.
7. Write short notes on the following:
a) SCO2 gene
b) Space Shuttle Columbia
c) Red October
d) Milos Zeman
e) Shahrukh Khan
f) Sreeramamurthy Janaki
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .