How should I improve memory for remembering answers?
Q: Can you suggest any ways in which I can improve my ability to remember? I quickly forget what I learn in business studies, in particular.
A: There are a number of tried and tested techniques for improving memory.
- Focus your attention on the materials you are studying.
- Relate new information to things you already know.
- Elaborate and rehearse the information you are studying.
- Structure and organize the information you are studying.
- Avoid cramming by establishing regular study sessions.
- Utilize mnemonic devices to remember information.
- Visualize concepts to improve memory and recall.
- Teach new concepts to another person.
- Pay extra attention to difficult information.
- Vary your study routine.