IAS Main (Written) Exam General Studies Paper I is concerned with the topics related to History, Sociology and World Geography. Following are model questions for
IAS Main (Written) Exam General Studies Model Paper I
Total Marks 250 Time Alloted 3 Hours
- Harappan Civilization was urban civilization. Cite evidences in the support of this argument.
- Rise of Jainism and Buddhism was a movement against the deformities that had crept into the Hinduism. Critically examine the statement
- To what extent, Sufism impacted the socio-economic life of medieval India?
- Write a short note on
a. Rajput Style of Architecture
b. Amaravati School of Art
- To what extent have inscriptional sources helped us to understand the Maurya polity?
- Various social awakening movements not only sought to reforms the social system but also arouse the feelings of nationalism among the Indians. Critically examine the statement.
- What were the achievements of congress during the Moderate Phase? What were reasons that led to emergence of Extremism in Congress?
- What were reasons behind the Hindu Political Militancy? How did it affect the National Movements?
- Critically analyze the relationship between the Congress and Untouchable section of society and How did this section of society contribute towards freedom struggle?
- Compare and contrast the French and Russian Revolutions
- Versailles Treaty was responsible for rise of ultra nationalism and Nazism. Critically examine this statement.
- What is policy of appeasement? How far is it right to say that it was main reason behind the outbreak of Second World War?
- Discuss the concept of glocalization? Is it confine to the economic area or affecting the culture of country?
- Discuss the implications of women education for Fertility rate.
- What is meaning of Sub-urbanization. Examine the Trends of Sub-Urbanization with reference to India.
- How is the rural poverty different from the urban poverty? How far is it correct that rural poverty is shifting to urban poverty?
- Issues of communalism and regionalism are distracting our attention from key problems such as poverty and unemployment. Critically examine this statement.
- What is the meaning of Guest workers? What are the main reasons responsible for the concentration of guest workers in certain regions?
- Discuss the mountain building process with special reference to Himalaya.
- What are major regions in India that are inhabited by the Tribal population? What are the reasons responsible for concentration of tribal population in certain regions?
- Describe geographical distribution of Volcano. Name the different land forms that can be formed by Volcano eruption.
- Write short notes
a. Coral Bleaching
b. Sea Floor Spreading
- What are the prerequisites for the formation of Cyclone? What is the difference between the tropical and subtropical cyclone?
- How are the pattern of production of coffee and its trade undergoing the change? Critically examine the position of India.
- Discuss the major industrial centers of China. Examine the reasons for development of major industrial centers in certain regions.