The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) has released the calendar for all the examinations that are to be conducted in the year 2017-18. The examination season will commence with RRB recruitment and will finish with the Specialist Officer Recruitment examination as is the case this year. The examinations are slated to commence from September 2017 with IBPS RRB Officers Preliminary examination.
IBPS Examination Calendar 2017-18 Out: How to crack it this year?
Well, IBPS has released its calendar for the coming year and this gives you an opportunity to start your preparation beforehand so that you get ample time and opportunity to crack these examinations this year and IBPS generally maintains the schedule, so, you have a fixed time frame in front of you. What should you do then in the next 8 months or so?
- If you are a beginner, go through the syllabus first: This is mainly for aspirants who are going to have their first ever tryst with IBPS this year. The first thing you should do is have an idea about the syllabus and question pattern of the examination. This should be your base for preparation for the exam.
- Syllabus should be finished: The next thing is finishing the total syllabus within time and revising it time and again. Bank examinations are changing day by day and in order to crack banking examinations these days, you need to be well versed with each and everything in the syllabus so that you are not caught off guard in any question asked in the examination.
- Practice as much as possible: With a lot of time in your hand, you can devote as much time as possible towards practicing basically mathematics and reasoning questions. This is important because you need to be comfortable with the questions asked in the examination. You have got enough time to prepare and practice should form the basics of this preparation.
- Mock tests help a lot: Once you are done with the syllabus, the first thing you should focus on is taking as many mock tests as possible. Mock tests give you an idea regarding your relative standing in the cut throat competition of competitive examinations. Take a standard mock test series and practice as many times as possible.
- Devise your own strategy: Nobody is similar to the other and everybody has different style of learning things. You may learn quant easily but reasoning may take time for you. This is your strategy to decide the time to be allotted for preparation of a particular section for the examination.
- Measure your strength and weaknesses: In any examination, you may be strong in some sections and may be weak in some other sections. The first thing you should do is identify your strengths and weaknesses. Your preparation strategy should devise proportionate time for various sections.
- Make reading Current Affairs a habit: Well, IBPS examinations focus a lot on current affairs part along with static general knowledge and banking awareness. Current Affairs part is something that you should prepare daily in order to develop a liking towards it. Go through one standard newspaper everyday so that you have a grip over the things taking place around you.
- Be confident: This is not a part of your preparation strategy but this is very much important in order to continue with your preparation strategy. You must believe in yourself that you can crack this examination. This is your chance and you should grab it with both hands. However, you need to be focused to crack banking examination these days because of the increasing difficulty level of the examinations these days.
IBPS Examination calendar gives you an idea regarding the time frame available for you to make yourself perfect for the examination. You have the support of time and this is your time to start your preparation this year and the job is certainly going to be yours.
All the best!!