Indian Army invited application from unmarried male Engineering Degree student studying in Pre-Final year for recruitment of 24th Pre Final year University Entry Scheme (UES) for men Permanent Commission (July 2015). The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format before 28 October 2013. Indian Army is the land based branch of Indian Armed forces and also the largest one. It is responsible to ensure national security of the country.
Last date for receipt of applications: 28 October 2013
Details of Post
Name of the Post
1. Civil (including Building Construction Technology) Engineer: 15 posts
2. Architecture Engineer: 2 Posts
3. Mechanical Engineer: 6 Posts
4. Production (including Industrial/ Manufacturing/ Industrial Engg & Mgt) Engineer: 3 Posts
5. Automobile Engg (including Workshop Technology): 2 Posts
6. Aeronautical/ Aerospace/ Avionics Engineer: 2 Posts
7. Mettallurgical/ Mettallurgical & Explosives Engineer: 2 Posts
8. Electrical/ Electrical & Electronics Engineer: 6 Posts
9. Electronics (including Electronics & Instrumentation/ Micro Electronics & Microwave) Engineer: 7 Posts
10. Electronics & Communication/ Electronics & Telecommunication/ Telecommunication/ Satellite Communication Engineer: 8 Posts
11. Bio-Tech/ Food Tech Engineer: 2 Posts
12. Info Tech/ Computer Sc & Engg/ Computer Technology/ M.Sc (Computer) Engineer: 5 Posts
Total Number of Vacancies: 60
Candidate age should be between 18 to 24 years on the first day of the month in which the course is commencing i.e. the candidate should not be born before 2 July 1990 and not after 1 July 1996.
Candidates studying in the Pre-Final of the Engineering Course in recognised Universities or Institutions or Colleges in the subjects mentioned in above will be eligible to apply but must possess the educational qualification at the time of joining training or should be able to produce the proof of having obtained the educational qualification within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training for the grant of Permanent Commission in the Army.
• During the period of training the candidates will be given a stipend of Rs. 21,000/- p.m
• On completion of training Officers are commissioned as Lieutenant.
• Candidate will be selected on the basis of Short listing of applications and SSB Interviews. Initial screening and short listing of applications will be done before forwarding them to respective Command Headquarters. Candidates whose applications are found in order shall be detailed to appear for the Service Selection Board on a specified date.
• Two stage selection procedure. On arrival at the Selection Centre, the candidates will be administered Stage I of the “Two Stage Testing Procedure”. Candidates failing in Stage I will be sent back on the same day and those who qualify will be detailed to undergo Group Test, Psychological Test and Interview which will extend for duration of 05 days.
• Candidates who qualify at the SSB and are found medically fit by a Medical Board will be placed in order of merit. The final selection will be made in the order up to the number of vacancies available at that time.
• Pre-Final year candidates will be called in the year of their completion of Degree, subject to their being medically fit at that time depending on availability of vacancies and their position in the merit.
• Selected Pre-final year students would be granted Short Service Commission on probation from the date of their joining the final year class.
• After successful completion of degree course the candidates finally selected will be admited for Pre-Commission training at Indian Military Academy (IMA), Dehradun for a period of 12 months.
How to Apply
• Application on plain paper (30 cm x 20 cm) duly typed as per (UES 24 Application Form) format, given in the website : www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
• The envelope containing application should be “Superscribed in Red Ink” indicating clearly the branch of Engineering applied for____.
• The completed application should reach to the respective Command HQ at the following address on or before 28 October 2013.
I. For students studying in the State of J&K: HO Northern Command (A Branch), C/o 56 APO
II. For students studying in states of Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Part of Haryana, (Distt-Ambaia, Kurushestra, Karnal, Jind, Sonipat, Panipat, Faridabad, Palwal, Gurgaon Kaithal Yamunanagar, Panchkula, Fatehbad, Jhajhar, Mewat), Delhi and Chandigarh: HO Western command (A Branch), Chandimandir, Pin-134107.
III. For students studying in the state of Rajasthan and part of Haryana (Rohtak, Hissar,
Bhiwani, Mohendra Garh, Rewari, Sirsa): HQ South Western Command (A Branch), Jaipur (Rajasthan), PIN302012.
IV. For students studying in states of Gujarat, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Goa, Tamil Nadu, Daman, Diu, Dadra, Nagar Haveli, Pondicherry, Lakshadweep and Kerala: HQ Southern Command (A Branch), Pune (Maharashtra) PIN-411001.
V. For students studying in the states of West Bengal, Sikkim, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur, Tripura, Meghalaya, Mizoram and Andaman & Nicobar: HQ Eastern Command (A Branch), Kolkata (West Bengal) Pin- 700021.
VI. For students studying in the states of Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Orissa, Uttarakhand, Jharkhand and Chhatisgarh: HQ Central Command (A Branch), Lucknow (UP) PIN-226002.