About the examination
IIT JEE Examination is held to give admission to various prestigious engineering colleges such as IITs, NITs and various others prestigious engineering institutions.
This examination is held at two levels: JEE Main and JEE Advanced
The JEE Main Solved Chemistry Sample Paper Set-XI in this article consists of 30 questions from Chemistry. The questions in this paper have been asked from the complete syllabus. Each question of this paper is very important from examination point of view and has been developed very carefully by Subject Experts at Jagranjos
Importance of Sample Paper
Practicing sample papers and previous years’ question papers help in assessing your preparation and time management. It will also help in increasing your marks in examination.
Few sample questions with their hints/solutions from the sample paper are given below:
1. Which of the following oxoacids of sulphur has more than one oxidation state of oxygen?
(a) H2S2O3 (b) H2S2O4 (c) H2S2O6 (d) H2S2O8
2. At 25°C, E° for reaction, Cu2+ + Sn(s) → Cu(s) + Sn2+ is 0.118 V, the equilibrium constant for the reaction is
(a) 108 (b) 104 (c) 1012 (d) 1016
3. Which of the following statements regarding the entropy is not true?
(a) S(monoclinic) > S(rhombic) (b) C(diamond) > C(graphite)
(c) H2O(g) > H2O(l) (d) O3(g) > O2(g)
4. Hydrogen bonding is maximum in
(a) Ethanol (b) Diethyl ether (c) Ethyl chloride (d) Ethyl amine
5. 0.246 g of the organic compound gave 22.4 cm3 of nitrogen gas at STP as determined by Duma’s method. The percent of nitrogen in the compound is
(a) 11.38 (b) 17.07 (c) 22.76 (d) 34.14
Hints and Solutions
3. At room temperature, C(graphite) is more stable than C(diamond)
So, correct option is (b)
4. Ethers and halides do not form H-bonding whereas oxygen being more electronegative forms excessive H-bonding.
So, correct option is (a)
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.