Banking examinations have seen visible changes over the last five years. Some new types of questions have introduced in each subjects. Now you have to in- depth knowledge of particular subject to crack the bank recruitment examination. Sectional Timings introduced in the bank recruitment examination in the year 2016. Now, the candidates cannot switch section without completing the allotted time for the particular section.
Let analyze the change in the English Language section over the past five years. This section aims to test the language abilities and English grammar.
- The sectional timing i.e. time limit for each section was welcomed by the aspirants as well as experts.
- Some questions on new pattern have been introduced in the English Language section of the SBI PO Mains Examination 2016 and 2017.
- IBPS has also introduced new pattern question in the English Language section.
- SBI has increased the weightage of some question as it aims that candidates attempt most difficult question in the examination. This rule is mainly for Quantitative and Reasoning section.
- In the BOB Manipal PO examination 2017 new types of question introduced in the English Language section.
Question on new pattern in English Language section:
Fill in the blanks: Candidates have to fill statements within passage. Earlier candidates have to fill word within passage.
Next Statement: Candidates have to find out next statement among the given options after reading the passage.
Sentence Combination: Candidates have to combine two sentences using starter words like Hello, Greetings etc.
Irrelevant Statements: Candidates have to find out the odd statement among the given sentences.
Phrasal Replacement: Candidates have to choose correct phrase/ word from the given options to make the sentence grammatically correct.
Syllabus for English Language (According to recent trends): Although Banking recruitment agencies do not provide any particular syllabus, the banking team of Jagranjosh has come up with topics to be prepared for upcoming Bank recruitment exams.
The topics list: This part covers following topics:-
- Reading Comprehension
- Theme Detection
- Deriving Conclusion
- Commonly misspelled words
- Cloze Test
- Para Jumbles
- Spotting Errors
- Sentence rearrangement
- Double Fillers
- Fill in the blanks
- Next Statement
- Sentence Combination
- Irrelevant Statements
- Phrasal Replacement
All the best!