National Law University PhD Admission Notification 2013
Read to find all information about applying for admission to PhD (Full Time/ Part Time) in National Law University Delhi through Written Test. The last date to apply for admission is 5 April 2013
National Law University, Delhi was established in 2008 in National Capital Territory of Delhi and with the initiative of High Court of Delhi is in the list of premier law Universities established in India. It has invited applications from eligible candidates for admission to its various programmes.
Name of the Courses and Number of Seats in National Law University Delhi
PhD (Full Time/ Part Time): Maximum 10
Important Dates for Admission in National Law University Delhi
Last date for sending application: 5 April 2013
Eligibility Criteria for Admission in National Law University Delhi
- LLM Degree with 55% marks or its equivalent (50% in case of SC/ST/ Persons with Disability) OR
- A candidate has a degree in law and Masters Degree with M. Phil in social sciences or humanities of any recognised university with not less than 55% marks or its equivalent provided that candidates with qualifications in social sciences and humanities may be admitted to the programme if the research they wish to pursue interface with the discipline of law with a special focus on Public Policy or Law. OR
- Degree in law and PhD in any discipline OR
- Judge of any State High Court in India with three years experience or Judge of Supreme Court of India
Selection Procedure for Admission in National Law University Delhi: The admission shall be through a written test to be conducted by the university. The test will consist of 2 papers
Paper I: Research Methodology (100 marks, 100 questions of Multiple Choice Objective type questions to be completed in 1 hour 30 minutes)
Paper II: Research Proposal Specific Paper. Candidates should note that paper-II is not a written paper. The candidate will have to submit research proposal not exceeding 15 pages on the topic in which the candidate want to pursue Ph.D.
Candidate should add Title, Statement of problem & background information on the subject, a set of research questions along with hypothesis & Methodology; and Research design in their Research Proposal.
- The candidates who have qualified for UGC NET / JRF, SLET, and M. Phil. are exempted from taking the admission test.
- However, all qualified candidates shall make a presentation before the Doctoral Committee on the proposed topic of research on a date notified by the University.
Examination Centre for Admission in National Law University Delhi: The Entrance Examinations will be held at Ahmadabad, Bangalore, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Delhi, Gawahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Jammu, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai and Patna.
How to Apply for admission in National Law University Delhi: Candidates seeking admission in National Law University Delhi can send applications complete in all respects in person or by post, to the Registrar, National Law University Delhi, Sector-14, Swarka, New Delhi-110078.
Application Fee: Rs 2500 (Rs 1000 for SC/ ST/ PWD category candidates). The fee needs to be paid in the form of Demand Draft drawn in favour of ‘REGISTRAR, NATIONAL LAW UNIVERSITY, DELHI’, payable at Delhi along with copies of requisite Caste/PD Certificate.
For more information on admission in Jawaharlal Nehru University, please visit http://nludelhi.ac.in/PHD.htm