National Institute of Technology, Meghalaya invites applications for the post of Junior Engineer on contractual basis for a period of one year (extendable up to three years) from Indian nationals possessing requisite academic qualifications and relevant experience. The details of the post are as under mentioned. The National Institute of Technology (NIT), Meghalaya is one among the thirty NITs in India established as an Institute of National Importance with full funding support from the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
- Last Date of Submission of Online Application : 20 February 2014.
Details of Posts
Name of Post: Junior Engineer
No. of Posts: 02 (Two). [One Civil & One Electrical]
First Class Diploma in Engineering from recognised university in relevant discipline with good academic record with at least two years of work experience.
Preferred Upper Age Limit for the candidates should be 30 Years as on closing date of receipt of application.
Pay Scale/ Remuneration
Consolidated pay of Rs. 15,000/- per month for the 1st year and will be increased by Rs. 1000/- per month on subsequent years if contract is extended.
- Application fee of Rs. 200/- for all candidates and Rs. 100/- in case of SC/ ST/ PWD.
- Fee should be paid in the form of a Demand Draft in favor of “NIT Meghalaya” payable at Shillong.
Initially for the period of 01 (One) years and extendable up to three years depending on the annual performance.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates may send their applications in prescribed format along with copies of supporting documents in sealed envelopes and an application fee of Rs. 200/- (Rs. 100/- in case of SC/ ST/ PWD) in the form of a Demand Draft in favor of “NIT Meghalaya” payable at Shillong, to reach the “Registrar (i/c), NIT Meghalaya, Bijni Complex, Laitumkhrah, Shillong – 793 003” on or before 20 February 2014.
- The envelope containing the application should be superscribed “Application for post of Junior Engineer (on contract)”.
- No TA/ DA will be paid to the candidates for attending the interview.
- The establishment reserves the right to reject candidate at any stage of recruitment.
- For details of Post and other terms and conditions the candidate can go through the link below.
The short listed candidates will be selected on the basis of performance in Written Test/ Trade Test/ Practical/ Skill Test/ Interviews, which might be conducted by the administration.