Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC), Karaikal invited applications for recruitment to 117 posts including one post under Special Recruitment Drive. Interested candidates should apply online through ONGC website from 6 September 2014 till 27 September 2014.
Online registration through ONGC website begins: 6 September 2014 (1000 hours)
Last date to apply online: 27 September 2014
Admit card to be available for download: from 28 October 2014
Written test to be held on: 16 November 2014 (forenoon) (tentatively)
Total vacancies: 117 posts
01. Technical Assistant Grade-III (Chemistry): 10 posts
02. Assistant Rigman (Drilling): 9 posts
03. Assistant Grade-III (Transport): 1 post
04. Assistant Technician (Civil): 4 posts
05. Assistant Technician (Diesel): 1 post
06. Assistant Technician (Electrical): 12 posts
07. Assistant Technician (Instrumentation): 2 posts
08. Assistant Technician (Production): 8 posts
09. Assistant Technician (Mechanical): 3 posts
Pay Scale: A-2 level
10. Junior Assistant Rigman (Drilling): 13 posts
11. Junior Assistant Technician (Cementing): 3 posts
12. Junior Assistant Technician (Diesel): 14 posts
13. Junior Assistant Technician (Electronics): 1 post
14. Junior Assistant Technician (Fitting): 9 posts
15. Junior Assistant Technician (Production): 1 post
16. Junior Assistant Technician (Welding): 4 posts
17. Junior Motor Vehicle Driver (HV/Winch): 3 posts
18. Junior Assistant (Accounts): 2 posts
19. Junior Assistant (Materials Management): 1 post
20. Junior Assistant (Steno-English): 1 post
21. Junior Assistant (P&A): 2 posts
22. Junior Security Supervisor: 1 post
23. Junior Fire Supervisor: 5 posts
Pay Scale: A-1 level
24. Junior Fireman: 6 posts
Pay Scale: W-1 level
Post under Special Recruitment Drive for Schedule Tribes Candidates
1 Technical Asst Gd. III (Chemistry): 1 post
Pay Scale: A-2 level
A-2 level: Rs.12000-Rs.27000 per month;
A-1 level: Rs.11000-Rs.24000 per month;
W-1 level: Rs.10000-Rs.18000 per month;
Minimum: 18 years
Maximum: 30 years (27 years for Junior Fireman)
Candidate should be registered with any of the Employment Exchanges/ Professional and Executive Employment Offices in the State of Tamil Nadu and Puduchery Union Territory.
Selection Procedure: Selection of candidates will be done on the basis of their performance in Written Test, Physical Standards measurement Test, Vision Test, Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Heavy Vehicle Driving Skills Test, Stenography Test/Typing Test, and Interview.
Candidates will have to qualify at each stage separately and in aggregate.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the Written Test, to be held at Chennai. Admit Card for the test can be downloaded from ONGC website www.ongcindia.com using unique registration number and candidate’s date of birth.
Candidates applying for the post of Junior Assistant (Steno-English) will have to appear for a Stenography Test & Typing Test and those applying for Junior Assistant (Accounts/ MM/ P&A) will have to undergo Typing Test, if they qualify the written test. Those passing the tests will only be called for the Interview.
Non-refundable Registration fee of Rs.300 (Rs.100 for SC/ ST/ PWD/ Ex- Servicemen candidates) is to be deposited in any branch of State Bank of India using the fee payment challan, available online. The amount is to be deposited in ONGC Account No. 30827318409, Branch Code: 1576.
How to Apply
Interested and eligible candidates should apply online through ONGC website www.ongcindia.com from 6 September 2014 till 27 September 2014.
On submitting the application, the System will generate a unique Registration Number. Candidates should note down the Number and take a print out of the Registration Slip, and retain it for future reference.