Becoming a member of Indian Air Force is a desire of lots of Indian youngsters. Especially, a profession in the flying branch, as a flying officer, is quite a profitable one. A flying official is an exhilarating and amazing job. Further, the pay range and benefits associated with the job is also good.
The applicant should have passed 10+2 with science and Arithmetic. The lowest mark required is around 60%.
Process of joining
- For 12th science students, who want to be a part of IAF right after finishing 12th, NDA is the point of entry. NDA is the door through which you should get into.
- NDA appears for the National Defence Academy. It is an institution where the cadets from the wings of the Armed Forces- Army, Navy and Air Force train together.
- To get into NDA, one must appear for the NDA entrance exam and clear the SSB interview. There is an age restriction too, for showing for this evaluation and getting confessed into this institution.
- Candidates must not be older than 19 years of age, at the beginning of the course at NDA. Thus, an interested applicant may appear for this exam while he will be shown in 12th class, completed 12th class, etc. But please keep the age limit in mind!
- After selection of the NDA written exam and the SSB interview, suggested applicants will be sent for medical examinations. In case of Air force applicants, medical examinations will be thorough. Air force demands more, in terms of physical and medical specifications, in comparison to other wings of the Armed Forces.
- The applicants who make it through the assessments are then taken into consideration in making the merit list. And on the merit list, the represents an applicant obtained in NDA published test, SSB interview and Medical test is taken into account.
- And based on this merit list, students are approved into the Air Force wing. After this selection, they’ll be given coaching at NDA for 3 years, along with Military and Naval Cadets.
- On efficiently finishing the 3 season course at NDA, the Air Force cadets are sent to the Air force Academy, Hyderabad, for further coaching that continues 1 year.
- After efficiently finishing this training, candidate will be appointed as Flying Officers in the Indian Air Force.
To get different queries and answer about CBSE exams, Click Here