SSC is well known for the recruitment of Group ‘B’ and ‘C’ posts under the Ministries/Departments in The Government of India. SSC organizes various examinations like Combined Graduate Level examination, Combine Higher Secondary Level, Stenographer and for SI/DP/CAPF, etc., throughout the year having almost the same Exam Pattern. The Exam paper is comprised of basically 4 subjects.
- General Intelligence & Reasoning
- English language & Comprehension
- Quantitative Aptitude
- General knowledge
For more detail, click the link given below.
|SSC SI, CAPF & ASI Exam 2015: Exam Pattern|
Pipes and cisterns problems are similar to time and work problem, the only difference is that pipes and cisterns problems have outlets and inlets .
- Inlet is a pipe connected with a tank which fills it
- Outlet is a pipe connected with a tank to empty it.
1. A and B together can complete a task in 20 days. Band together can complete the same task in 30 days. A and C together can complete the same task in 40 days. What is the respective ratio of the number of days taken by A when completing the same task alone to the number of days taken by C when completing the same task alone? (IBPS CWE PO MT 2012)
(1) 2: 5
(2) 2: 7
(3) 3: 7
(4) 1: 5
(5) 3: 5
2. Seven girls can do a piece of work in 13 days, six boys can do the same piece of work in 12 days, nine men can do the same piece of work in nine days and six women can do the same piece of work in 14 days. Who are the most efficient? (Corporation Bank PO 2011)
(5) Both men and women
Solution: One girl can complete the work in 7 ⤬ 13 = 91 days.
One boy can complete the work in 6 ⤬ 12 = 72 days.
One man can complete the work in 9 ⤬ 9 = 81 days.
One woman can complete the work in 6 ⤬ 14 = 84 days.
Hence, boys are the most efficient.
3. A and B together can complete a work in 12 days. A alone can complete in 20 days. If B does the work only half a day daily, then in how many days A and B together will complete the work.
(1) 10 days
(2) 20 days
(3) 11 days
(4) 15 days
4. A can do a piece of work in 70 days and B is 40% more efficient than A. The number of days taken by B to do same work is
5. A and B working separately can do a piece of work in 9 and 12 days, respectively. If they work for a day alternately with A beginning, the work would be completed in
6. A and B can do a work in 72 days. B and C can do it in 120 days. The number of days needed for A to the work alone is
7. A, B and C individually can do a work in 10 days, 12 days and 15 days, respectively. If they start working together, then the number of days required to finish the work is
(1) 16 days
(2) 8 days
(3) 4 days
(4) 2 days
8. A cistern has two pipes. One can fill it with water in 8 h and other can empty it in 5 h. In how many hours will the cistern be emptied, if both the pipes are opened together when 3/4 of the cistern is already full of water?