Get the CBSE Class 10th Mathematics, Surface Area and Volume: Important Questions & Preparation Tips. This will help with a precise description of the whole chapter along with a gist of each topic covered in the chapter. The Questions mentioned are exclusively topic oriented and are famous for its repetition in many Board papers. Consider the below mentioned points and questions at the time of preparation.
- Two or more standard solids can be converted or combined to form a new solid of different shape.
- 2 cubes each of volume 64 cm3 are joined end to end. Find the surface area of the resulting cuboid. (1 mark)
- Three cubes each of sides 5 cm are joined end to end. Find the surface area of the resulting cuboid. (2 mark)
- A rectangular water tank of base 11 m × 6 m contains water up to a height of 5 m. If the water in the tank is transferred to a cylindrical tank of radius 3.5 m, find the height of the water level in the tank. (3 mark)
- A hemispherical depression is cut out from one face of a cubical wooden block such that the diameter l of the hemisphere is equal to the edge of the cube. Determine the surface area of the remaining solid. (3 mark)
- A container opened from the top and made up of a metal sheet, in in the form of a frustum of a cone height 16 cm with radii of its lower and upper ends as 8 cm and 20 am respectively. Find the cost of milk, which can fill the container completely at the rate of Rs 20/litre. Also, find the cost of metal sheet used to make the container, if it costs Rs 8/100 cm2. (4 mark)
- In one fortnight of a given month, there was a rainfall of 10 cm in a river valley. If the area of the valley is 97280 km2, show that the total rainfall was approximately equivalent to the addition to the normal water of three rivers each 1072 km long, 75 m wide and 3 m deep. (4 mark)
You can also find:
Syllabus | NCERT Solution | Online Test | Practice Papers