Syndicate Bank is one of the leading public sector banks in the country with its headquarter in Manipal, Karnataka. The bank has recently advertised for admission in its 1 year Postgraduate Diploma in Banking and Finance course in Manipal Global Education Services Pvt Ltd. (MaGE), Bangalore and Nitte Education International Pvt Ltd. (NEIPL) Greater Noida / Mangalore. After completion of the course, a candidate will be absorbed as Probationary Officers (Scale I) in the bank. The number of vacancies for the course is 500 whereas those with a graduation degree with a minimum of 60% marks are eligible to apply for the same. The maximum age to apply for the course is 28 years and the minimum is 20 years.
Syndicate Bank Manipal PO: What is it?
So, how do I get it?
To start career as a banker in Syndicate Bank through this opportunity, one needs to go through the rigorous process of written test followed by group discussion and interview conducted by the bank. The written test is of 200 marks comprising of English, General Awareness, Quantitative Ability and Reasoning whereas the time allotted is 2 hours for the same.There will be a Descriptive test (Online) of 50 marks and time allotted for the same is 30 minutes. Based on the performance in the written test, one will get a call to appear for the next stage. Hence, the all important aspect of this golden opportunity is to qualify in the written test.
Tit-bits for a Winner
It is not the knowledge that always decides the winner in a competitive examination but it is the strategy and its implementation that matter more than knowledge. So, these are some general things one can follow to stand out in the crowd:
- Manage your time well: This is the most important aspect of scoring well in bank examinations. Prepare your time management strategy well in advance and stick to it no matter what happens in the examination centre. You can decide the order in which you will attempt the sections along with your allotted time for each section and write it down in the rough sheet paper provided during the examination so that you do not have any difficulty following it to the word and spirit
- Do not waste time on difficult questions: In every competitive examination, there are some questions that will consume more time but remember, the question does not fetch you extra marks, so avoid questions which are too much time-consuming or if you are done with the easier ones, get to them but do not spend too much time dwelling on one question while you have 199 others to answer after that.
- Take calculated risks: It is not possible for everybody to know everything that is asked in the examination. Hence, you need to learn to take calculated risks in order to see yourself through in the race. If you do not know the answer to a question properly, there is always a chance that you can guess intelligently with the help of the process of elimination of options. Exercise it smartly.
- Take mock tests: It is something that is not mandatory yet required. In order to test your time management strategy as well as your preparation, you need to take mock tests as many as possible because that way, you can understand your weakness as well as your strength. You will get time to work on them before you appear for the real examination if you take mock test before the real one.
- Be Confident: Some people go to take the examination keeping in mind that he or she is not good at certain subjects. Be confident while walking through that door and let not any negative thought come to your mind. Focus on your preparation because what matters is your hard work, other things will take care of themselves.
The Syndicate Manipal PO examination is an opportunity for the young graduates of the country to enter a sector that has tremendous potential especially for the next decade. Hence, fasten your seat belts and give it a best shot. All the best!!