UPSEE-2015 Counselling Procedure
Jan 3, 2015 18:01 IST
- Successful candidates will be required to participate in the counseling process. The information about Counseling procedure, Counselling Schedule, Document verification Centres and Counselling Centre etc., will be notified on the website: http://www.upsee.nic.in or http://www.uptu.ac.in.
- The successful candidates will be called for document verification at the document verification centres/counseling centres based on their State Rank (Combined General Rank), even if they belong to reserved category. However, the advantage of their reserved category rank (in case they submit proper category reservation certificate) shall be provided at the time of allotment of seats.
- The allotment of the seat/Institution/branch will be made through counselling based on the merit position of candidates in UPSEE-2015 in their eligible category.
- Counselling letter will not be sent by post to the successful candidates. The candidate should visit above website http://www.upsee.nic.in or http://www.uptu.ac.in frequently.
- The candidates will be required to report for the document verification at the document verification centre/counseling centre with original certificates of qualifying examination, mark sheet, rural weightage certificate, domicile and category/reservation certificates etc. with one attested copy of each. In case the candidates do not submit the proper category / reservation certificate in the prescribed proforma at the time of counselling, the advantage of reserved category shall not be provided and they will be treated in General Category. If the candidate has passed qualifying examination from outside of U.P., he/she has to bring the domicile certificate of his/her parents (Father OR Mother) only at the time of counselling. The candidate must note that his/her domicile certificate in place of his parent’s certificate, is not acceptable and no request shall be entertained for relaxation.
- Verification of original documents would be done at the document verification centre / counselling centre. The purpose would be to verify different records regarding, qualifying examination, state of eligibility, category/ reservation certificate and weightage etc. of the candidate. The candidates will not be considered for admission if he does not show the original documents at document verification centre / counselling centre. However the originals will be returned to candidates immediately after verification.
- The candidate will also have to deposit a bank draft of Rs. 500/- as counselling fee at the time of verification.
- The counselling fee (Rs 500/-) is non-refundable.
- After allotment of seat, the candidates are required to deposit a 'part of college/ institute fee' in form of Bank draft of Rs. 15,000=00 at respective document verification centres / counselling centers within three days from the date of issue of allotment/admission letter (inclusive the date of issue of allotment letter), failing which the allotted seat will automatically be cancelled. This part of college/institute fee (Rs. 15,000) is adjustable against total fee payable at institution if candidate takes admission at allotted institute / university. This amount (Rs. 15,000) will be forfeited if the candidate does not take admission in allotted institution and requests for return of this fee in such case will not be entertained.
- If a candidate wishes to participate in counselling for more than one course, he/she has to deposite the counselling fee of Rs. 500/- (in form of Bank Draft) separately for each course.
- After first counselling, the special drive for re-counselling will be conducted for filling the vacant seats of reserve categories. The detailed procedure for re-counselling of special drive shall be displayed on the website http://www.upsee.nic.in or http://www.uptu.ac.in at the time of counselling.
- All the Bank drafts must be prepared separately and drawn in favour of ‘Finance Officer, Uttar Pradesh Technical University, Lucknow’ payable at city branch of applicant’s counseling centre. For example, a student appearing for counselling at Lucknow, the draft should be in favour of ‘Finance Officer, Uttar Pradesh Technical University, Lucknow’ payable at Lucknow.
- Counselling Procedures will be available on website: http://www.upsee.nic.in or http://www.uptu.ac.in well in time before start of counselling. The candidates are advised to visit this website for procedures of on-line counselling.
- In UPSEE-2015, the counselling will be conducted on-line through internet. The candidates can submit their choices (colleges and branches) through Internet from any place of their convenience or from any document verification centre/counselling centre within the notified period.
- The counselling may tentatively start in last week of May 2015. For details of counselling schedule, keep visiting the website: http://www.upsee.nic.in or http://www.uptu.ac.in frequently after declaration of result.
- The latest instructions of AICTE, Govt. and UPTU upto the date(s) of counselling shall be applicable.
- According to G.O. no. 2426/Solah-1-2009-13(128)/2009 dated 10-09-2009 the admission will be given on 60 percent seats in undergraduate courses to Physically Handicapped candidates in Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Technology for handicapped, Kanpur and remaining 40 percent seats are reserved for General candidates. The reservation policy of U.P. Govt. will be applicable on both types of seats.