Recruitment of HR Officer in Banks
The recruitment of Human Resource (HR) Officers in banks takes place through the IBPS Specialist Officer common written examination followed by an interview. However, SBI conducts its own recruitment examination for the same. The pay scale is the same as the generalist officers recruited through the IBPS PO examination, however, HR Officers are always posted in the regional office or the zonal office or the corporate head offices of banks.
Job Profile of HR Officers
HR Officers are responsible for smooth functioning of a bank since they are in charge of getting the best out of the human resource available to the bank. The various responsibilities carried out by these officers are:
- Posting / Transfer of Employees: This is the most common job of the human resource department of a bank since it is very necessary to have adequate workforce at all the branches of a bank. Moreover, regular transfers are also overseen by the HR Department.
- Arranging Training Programmes: It is the job of the HR department to organise training programmes as and when necessary in order to train the staff members regarding the present trends of banking.
- Conducting Promotional Exercises: Timely promotion is a big attraction for many youngsters joining the banking sector. The promotional exercises are carried out by the HR Department at regular intervals in order to fill up the vacancies in the higher cadres of the bank.
- Designing Perks and Benefits: The HR department is responsible for devising the details of perquisites and other benefits to be given to the employees. In a competitive sector like banking, it is very necessary to keep the staff happy in order to avoid attrition.
- Disbursal of Retirement Benefits: The HR Department is responsible for overseeing that the retirement benefits are properly released to the employees without any difficulty.
- Supervising the Performance of Staff: It is the duty of the HR Officers to supervise the quality of work done by the staff members in a year in order to understand the best way it can utilize a staff. Based on this performance, sometimes a staff is awarded or punished.
HR Officers are responsible for a sound and effective human resource policy for the bank so that the human resources available with the bank can be efficiently and effectively utilised. In terms of posting, this is better than the post of bank PO, however, promotional aspects are very limited compared to a PO.