Theme of the Contest: Sustainable Energy for All
24th National Photo Contest was organised by the Photo Division, a Media Unit of the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting on the theme Sustainable Energy for All on 22 August 2013 at All India Fine Arts & Crafts Society complex. A prize distribution ceremony was orgainsed to give away the prizes to the winners in the various categories. A Photo exhibition was also inaugurated on this occasion.
Winners of the Photo Contest include
Winners of Colour Section
• Chinmoy Bhattacharjee of Kolkata won 1st Prize
• Santosh Kumar Jana of Midnapur (E) won 2nd Prize
• Rishabh Mittal of Indore bagged first won 3rd Prize
Commendation Awards in Colour Section
• Seshadri Moitra from Udaipur
• Cretan Soni from Dhar
• Shib Narayan Acharya from Jammu
• Piyush Rangnekar from Indore
• Banwari R. Rajput from Ahmedabad
• Prachi Tiwari from Indore
• Somnath Mukhopadhyay from Birbhum
• Devendra Sharma and Puranjit Gangopadhyay from Kolkata
• Prasanta Biswas from Kolkata
The jury of the photo contest included Bhupesh C. Little of EFIAP from Lucknow, Sunil Malhotra, an eminent news photo journalist from New Delhi, Hemendra A. Shah, an eminent photographer from Ahmedabad, Govind Bhattacharjee, Director General, CAG & a noted photographer and Debatosh Sengupta, Director, Photo Division. The jury met on 1-2 June 2013 to screen all the entries and selected three prize winning entries and ten for commendation prizes in colour section as well as two commendation prizes in Black & White section. Apart from this the Jury also selected 77 photographs (7 Black & White and 70 colour) for exhibition keeping in view the theme of the contest “SUSTAINABLE ENERGY FOR ALL”.
A total number of 439 photographs were received from 105 entrants from 13 States and UT’s.
The first prize carries cash of. 25000 Rupees, second prize 20000 Rupees and third prize 15,000 Rupees and commendation award 5000 Rupees along with a plaque and citation.
Who: Photo Divion
Where: New Delhi
When: 22 August 2013