2nd Annual Meeting of New Development Bank begins in New Delhi
The meeting includes one main event and two seminars at Taj Palace Hotel in New Delhi.
The second Annual Meeting of the New Development Bank began on 31 March 2017 in New Delhi. The meeting will be held for three days till 2 April 2017.
Highlights of the meeting are –
• Main event: The opening ceremony of the NDB Second Annual Meeting will be held at Taj Palace Hotel in New Delhi on 1 April 2017.
• It will be followed by the singing ceremony, the Second Annual Meeting of the NDB Board of Governors and Press Conference.
• Seminars: The first seminar will be held under the theme of “Financing Sustainable Development.” It will address the role of governments in financing development and, in particular, sustainable infrastructure.
• The second seminar will be held under the theme of “Urban Planning and Sustainable Infrastructure Development.”
• During the seminar, the participants will look into how the urban development could improve the lives of people.
About New Development Bank
• The New Development Bank was created with an objective of financing infrastructure and sustainable development projects in BRICS and other emerging economies and developing countries.
• The Bank seeks to complement the efforts of other multilateral development institutions. And, it also seeks to establish a network of global, regional and local partnerships with multilateral and national development banks as well as other institutions and market players.
• The NDB intends to be fast, flexible and efficient, without sacrificing quality.
• The Bank uses different financial instruments to efficiently meet the demands of the member states and clients.
• Former ICICI Bank Chairperson K V Kamath is the President of the bank.