The second Annual Meeting of the New Development Bank began on 31 March 2017 in New Delhi. The meeting will be held for three days till 2 April 2017.
Highlights of the meeting are –
• Main event: The opening ceremony of the NDB Second Annual Meeting will be held at Taj Palace Hotel in New Delhi on 1 April 2017.
• It will be followed by the singing ceremony, the Second Annual Meeting of the NDB Board of Governors and Press Conference.
• Seminars: The first seminar will be held under the theme of “Financing Sustainable Development.” It will address the role of governments in financing development and, in particular, sustainable infrastructure.
• The second seminar will be held under the theme of “Urban Planning and Sustainable Infrastructure Development.”
• During the seminar, the participants will look into how the urban development could improve the lives of people.
About New Development Bank
• The New Development Bank was created with an objective of financing infrastructure and sustainable development projects in BRICS and other emerging economies and developing countries.
• The Bank seeks to complement the efforts of other multilateral development institutions. And, it also seeks to establish a network of global, regional and local partnerships with multilateral and national development banks as well as other institutions and market players.
• The NDB intends to be fast, flexible and efficient, without sacrificing quality.
• The Bank uses different financial instruments to efficiently meet the demands of the member states and clients.
• Former ICICI Bank Chairperson K V Kamath is the President of the bank.
Where: New Delhi
When: 31 March 2017