Objective Railway Engineering- Track, Works & Others: MM Agarwal
The Minister of State (MoS) for Railways Manoj Sinha released a book titled Objective Railway Engineering-Track, Works & Others on 14 January 2016 in New Delhi. It was authored by a well known Civil Engineer MM Agarwal.
Features of the Book
• This is the 3rd revised and enlarged edition of the book, which contains 37 updated chapters which cover the entire spectrum of Railway Engineering.
• It was originally written in 2007. The book has since then been revised two times to include the latest technical developments in the track taking place on Railway around the world with special reference to Indian Railways.
• The book is designed for all professionals of Railway, whether in the field or in the office. It covers almost all aspects of Civil Engineering which are track, bridges, works & allied subjects like S & T, rolling stock, estimations & finance matters etc.
• This book is verywell patronized by all Railway Engineers / professionals in their daily work and used as referral book for all problems on all aspects of Railway Engineering.
• The latest edition of the book gives details about High Speed Railway, Dedicated Freight Corridors, Metro Railway, Track Management System & all other new developments taking place on Indian Railways along with the existing details about Track Standards, Track maintenance, Track Modernization, Railway Works Engineering, Bridge Engineering & Modern Signaling Techniques.
• Many new features like Steel Channel Sleepers, Fan Shaped Concrete Sleepers & their laying, latest track machines like Dynamic Tamping Express and 09-4 X Tamping Machines are added in this revised edition.
About MM Agarwal
• He is a well known Civil Engineer and author.
• He served Indian Railways for 33 years and retired from the post of Chief Engineer.
• He wrote seven books on various aspects of Railway Engineering in the past 40 years and they are getting updated regularly.
• Those books are Indian Railway Track - Design, Construction and Maintenance, Railway Works Engineering - Design, Construction and Maintenance, Indian Railway Safety-Ultimate Goal to prevent Railway Accidents, Railway Engineering, Rail Path Parchiya (Hindi) and Nirman & PUL Engineering (Hindi).
• Government of India conferred him with National Award (Railway Minister’s Prize & Award) for special work done on track modernisation on Indian Railways in 1973, President’s Award, Indira Gandhi Rajbhasa Award by for the best original book written for engineering professionals in 1993 and Award by Railway Board for best professional book for Railway technical staff in 2005.
Where: New Delhi
When: 14 January 2016
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.