Abraj Kudai: The world’s biggest hotel project which is under construction in Mecca, Saudi Arabia
The term Abraj Kudai was in news in the last week of May 2015 as it was described as the world’s biggest hotel. It is set to open in 2017.
Features of Abraj Kudai
• Once completed, it will be the world’s largest hotel featuring 10000 bedrooms. At present, the Venetian Macao situated in Macau, China is the world’s largest hotel having 3000 rooms.
• It is located 2.2 km south of the Holy Haram (Grand Mosque) at the Manafia area in Makkah's central zone in Saudi Arabia.
• It has a total site area of approximately 60000 square meter and total built-up area of around 1.4 million square metre.
• It consists of a large podium topped by 12 towers accommodating several elements such as a podium housing a bus station, a shopping mall, 70 restaurants and food courts, a convention center and four helipads.
• The 45 stories tall, the desert fortress-style hotel is being built at a cost of 3.6 billion US dollars.
• The project is funded by the Saudi Ministry of Finance and designed by the Dar al-Handasah group.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
What: Set to open in 2017