Aero India 2013 ended after displaying magnificent Aerobatic Skills
9th International Exhibition, Aero India 2013 organised by Defence Exhibition Organization of the Ministry of Defence ended on 10 February 2013.
The 9th edition of Aero India 2013, a five-day aviation show organised by the Defence Exhibition Organization of the Ministry of Defence ended at the Air Force Station, Yelahanka, Bangalore on 10 February 2013 after displaying its magnificent aerobatic skills and belongings that created a chance of winning potential business tie-ups and networking. Defence Minister of India, A K Antony inaugurated the Air Show on 6 February 2013.
During the inauguration ceremony of the 9th Edition of Aero India show, Aero Space Policy of Karnataka state was unveiled by the Defence Minister of India, A K Antony.
The Show was opened for general public on 9 February 2013.
Aircrafts on display during the Show
• Vintage Tigher Moth aircraft of 1930’s was displayed after a gap of 22 years
• LCA Tejas showed some breath taking loops and vertical charlies in the skies of Yelhanka
• Flying Bulls aerobatics team of Czech Republic displayed Zlin Z-50 aircraft
• USAF C-17 Globemaster III
• Dassault Rafale B and Rafale C
• USAF F-16 C
• IAF Mi 17 V5
• HAL Rudra
• Boeing KC-135 Stratotanker
• C-17 Globemaster III
• India Coast Guard Dornier Do 228
• French Dassault Falcon 900LX
• Eurocopter AS365 Dauphin
• Rafael Very Short Range Air Defense (V-SHORAD) system
• Indian Army Dhruv
• IAF Mi-8 for VIP Transport
• Rafael SPYDER air defense System
• IAF Tejas
• IAF C-130J Super Hercules
• Sukhoi Su-27Ps of the Russian Knights
• HAL Light Combat Helicopter
Aero India Show
Aero India is a show and exhibition of aviation organized by the Defence Exhibition Organisation of the Ministry of Defence at the Yelahanka Air Force Station in Bangalore. To make the show the largest Air Show of Asia different bodies namely Defence Ministry of India, Indian Air Force, Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO), Department of Space, the Union Civil Aviation Ministry and few more comes together to organize the same.
The first Edition of the show was organised for the first time in 1996. In the previous 2011 edition of the show Boeings F/A-18 Super Hornet, Jaguars, Sukhoi Su-30MKIs, Saab Gripen and Dassault Rafale were the main highlights of Aero India 2011. The next Aero India show is scheduled to be held from 18 February to 22 February 2015 at Bangalore.
9th International Exhibition on Aerospace, Defence & Civil Aviation Aimed at
The Exhibition aimed at creating good scopes of public-private partnership model following the provisions available in the Defence Procurement Policy of 2010 that provides Indian aerospace industry a chance to turn up as a hub for world class products and technologies for Indian aerospace industry in the sub-continent.