Air India launches Fly For Sure scheme
The passenger can avail this Facility of Flexibility of One-Time Flight Change Facility by making an advance payment of a nominal fee of Rs 2000 per sector up through EMD at the time of purchase of the ticket.
Air India on 11 January 2017 launched Fly For Sure scheme under which passengers will be offered one-time flight change facility on the same day. The facility is available for the flight's operation from domestic airports within India.
The facility was launched with an aim to end the worries of missing or rescheduling the flight by paying a hefty last-minute fare to reach their destination. Till date, in such cases of change passengers were supposed to pay both change fee as well as fare difference.
Features of the ‘Fly For Sure’ scheme
• Passengers can change the schedule (prepone or postpone) of the flight by paying Rs 2000 (including taxes) and board any other Air India flight on the same sector. This facility of re-scheduling the time of travelling will be available on the same day.
• To avail the facility the passenger will have to make an advance payment through e-Flight Change Facility by making an advance payment of a nominal fee of INR 2000 (including taxes) per sector up through Electronic Miscellaneous Document (EMD) at the time of purchase of the ticket.
• Applicability: It is applicable for passengers travelling in the business or economy class on Air India flights.
• Eligible Flights: The service is available only in the sector where alternate flights are available on the same day.
Limits of the ‘Fly For Sure’ scheme
• The scheme is not applicable for Alliance Air and Code share flights.
• It is not applicable on award/redemption tickets.
• It is not applicable for passengers who travel on group bookings as also unaccompanied minors.
The notification issued by Air India says that these advance payment for availing the service is non-refundable in case the facility is not availed by the passenger but refundable if Air India fails to offer seats on the alternate flight.
The notification also reads, “all business rules of the original Reservation Booking Designator (RBD) will be applicable’. RBD means the booking class of a flight and it is the code used in reservation transactions to identify the booking class.