United Nations Assistant Secretary-General and UN Women Deputy Executive Director Lakshmi Puri on 29 August 2016 announced the appointment of Aishwaryaa Rajinikanth Dhanush as UN Women’s Advocate for Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment in India.
Film director, classical dancer and writer, Aishwaryaa will help raise awareness of UN Women’s core messages of gender equality and women’s empowerment across India. The act will boost the organisation’s efforts to close the gender gap and achieve a more equal world – a Planet 50-50 – by the year 2030.
With this, Aishwaryaa joins the esteemed list of Farhan Akhtar, Sania Mirza, Emma Watson, Nicole Kidman and Anne Hathaway, who have teamed up with UN Women to work for gender equality and the empowerment of women.
About Aishwaryaa Rajinikanth Dhanush
• Aishwaryaa is a leading film director and a startup entrepreneur.
• She is the elder daughter of actor Rajinikanth.
• She made her feature film debut with 3 starring her husband Dhanush.
• In 2015, she launched Ten Entertainment, a digital medium to promote short film content and new digital ventures.
• She is currently working on a book, Standing On An Apple Box, which describes her life as a celebrity daughter, mother and wife.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: Aishwaryaa R Dhanush
When: 29 August 2016