Anthony Joshua won International Boxing Federation title
Joshua captured his first world title in only his 16th professional fight.
Anthony Joshua on 9 April 2016 won the International Boxing Federation heavyweight title. He knocked out Charles Martin in the second round at the O2 Arena in London.
Joshua, the 2012 Olympic gold medallist, captured his first world title in only his 16th professional fight.
Who is Anthony Joshua?
• Anthony Joshua is a British professional boxer.
• He holds the British and Commonwealth heavyweight titles.
• As an amateur, he won a gold medal in the super heavyweight division at the 2012 Olympics, and silver at the 2011 World Championships.
• As of March 2016, he is ranked the world's eighth best heavyweight boxer by The Ring magazine, and currently holds a 100% knockout ratio.
• He is also only the second boxer in history, after Joe Frazier, to win a professional world heavyweight title while still reigning as the Olympic champion at the top weight.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App