Anthony Lianzuala on 1 May 2017 took over as the Controller General of Accounts (CGA), Department of Expenditure, Union Ministry of Finance, in New Delhi.
Lianzuala, a 1982-batch Indian Civil Accounts Service (ICAS) Officer, is the first person from the North-Eastern Region to hold the position.
About Anthony Lianzuala
• Lianzuala is a graduate from the Hindu College of Delhi University.
• He holds vast and rich experience in the government both at the Centre and the State levels.
• He worked at higher positions in the Central Board of Direct Taxes(CBDT), Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution, Ministry of Commerce and Ministry of Rural Development.
• He was the first Director of Training Institute in the Field of Public Financial Management and Accounting in the North-East named INGAF-NER, based in Aizawl, Mizoram.
• He is highly credited for his IT initiatives in the North-Eastern Region.
• He was instrumental in computerising the functions of the State Treasuries of Mizoram.
• He has also served in Mizoram as Secretary in various departments including Agricultural Marketing, Border Trade and Relief & Rehabilitation.
About Controller General of Accounts
• The Controller General of Accounts is the Principal Advisor on accounting matters to the Union Government.
• He/She is responsible for establishing and managing a technically sound Management Accounting System.
• He/She is responsible for preparation and submission of the accounts of the Union Government.
• He/She is responsible for exchequer control and internal audits.
Who: Anthony Lianzuala
When: 1 May 2017