Anup Vikal on 17 October 2017 resigned as Snapdeal’s Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and General Counsel. Vikal is likely to join Essar Oil as its Chief Financial Officer.
His resignation came two months after e-commerce dealer Sanpdeal cancelled its merger talks with online retailer Flipkart.
About Anup Vikal
• Anup Vikal is a mechanical engineer from National Institute of Technology, Surat and also holds a degree in business administration from South Gujarat University.
• Vikal joined Snapdeal after succeeding Aakash Moondhra in October 2015.
• He served as CFO at telecom firm Aircel.
• Before joining Aircel, he served at budget carrier IndiGo’s InterGlobe Enterprises.
• He also worked for a few years at telecom and data services multinational Colt Technology.
• He was associated with Bharti Airtel’s finance team for around seven years before joining Colt.
• In July 2017, Snapdeal called off the merger talks with Flipkart which resulted in top-level exits of Vice Presidents Pradeep Desai and Viraj Chatterjee and IT Head Gaurav Gupta.
• In August 2017, the four-member founding team of Unicommerce eSolutions Pvt. Ltd had quit as Snapdeal’s technology solutions provider.
• Besides, business heads of FMCG and general merchandise divisions, Digvijay Ghosh and Rahul Jain, resigned too.