The Karnataka Government in the first week of May 2016 decided to establish Asia’s first-ever Rice Technology Park at Gangavati.
Besides, a Maize Technology Park will also be established at Ranebennur in Haveri district.
The rice park is being established at Navali-Karatagi villages on the outskirts of Gangavati, and the maize park is to be come up in the APMC market yard at Ranebennur.
Key facts related to the establishment of parks
• These parks will be established under public private partnership (PPP).
• The establishment of the Rice Technology Park will help paddy cultivators in the Tungabhadra Command Area in Ballari, Raichur and Koppal districts.
• It will also help the paddy cultivators in the command areas of the Upper Krishna Project in Shahpur and Surpur taluks in Yadgir district and Vijayapura and Bagalkot districts.
• As a value addition, the technology park will have facilities for rice flour, rice rava, rice bran oil, noodles, rice-based alcohol, animal and poultry feed and paddy husk used for power generation and brick-making.
• The proposed Maize Technology Park at Ranebennur will have a storage capacity of 32000 tonnes.
• The maize technology park will be established at a cost of 111 crore rupees.
• Gangavati is a town, municipality and taluk in the Koppal district of the Indian state of Karnataka.
• It is a big commercial city in the whole of undivided Raichur District.
• It is also a largest city in terms of area and population when compared to any towns within Koppal district.
• It is a commercial hub and is often known as Rice Bowl city of Karnataka.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
What: To be established
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.