Indian shuttler B Sai Praneeth on 3 July 2016 clinched the Canada Open Grand Prix Badminton Men’s Singles title at Calgary.
Praneeth defeated Lee Hyun II of Korea 21-12, 21-10.
On the other hand, men's doubles pair of Manu Attri and B Sumeeth Reddy also grabbed Men’s doubles title at the tournament.
Top seed doubles pair Attri and Reddy defeated Adrian Liu and Toby Ng 21-8 21-14 in a lop-sided final. The pair of Attri and Reddy is the first Indian men's doubles pair to qualify for the Rio Olympics.
Who is B Sai Praneeth?
• Sai Praneeth Bhamidipati is a badminton player hailing from Hyderabad, Telangana.
• He is currently ranked 33rd in the Badminton World Federation.
• His highest ranking has been 31st as on 23 July 2015.
About Canada Open Grand Prix Badminton
• The Canada Open in badminton is an international open held in Canada since 1957.
• In 1957, the Canadian Badminton Federation decided to open the Canadian National Championships and they were combined with the Canadian Open until 1961.
• In 1962, they were divided and held as separate tournaments.
• Lee Chong Wei of Malaysia was the winner of 2015 Canada Open Men’s singles title.
• China’s Li Junhui and Liu Yuchen won the men's doubles title at the 2015 Canada Open.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: B Sai Praneeth
When: 3 July 2016
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.