The Bengaluru FC on 21 May 2017 defeated Mohun Bagan 2-0 to lift the Federation Cup at the Barabati Stadium in Cuttack.
After both sides played out a 0-0 draw in regulation time, it took two strikes from Bengaluru FC’s Vineeth to settle the tie.
About Bengaluru FC
• Bengaluru Football Club is an Indian professional football club based in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
• The club participates in the I-League, India's top-tier football league. It is the first ever club to have won the I-League in its debut season.
• The team is currently owned by Mumbai-based company, JSW Group.
• The club was formed in July 2013.
About Federation Cup
• The Federation Cup is an annual knockout style club football tournament in India.
• The tournament had started in the year 1977.
• From its inception, until I-League was started in 1997 (then called NFL), it was the most prestigious national level club football tournament in India.
• The winning club of the Federation Cup gets a chance to compete in the continental level in AFC Cup.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.