Top seeds Bethanie Mattek-Sands and Lucie Safarova on 11 June 2017 won the Women's Doubles title in the French Open tennis championships.
The United States-Czech pair defeated unseeded Australians Ashleigh Barty and Casey Dellacqua 6-2, 6-1 in the final to grab the title.
About Bethanie Mattek-Sands
• Bethanie Mattek-Sands is a U.S. professional tennis player.
• At present, she is ranked No. 1 in the women's doubles rankings.
• She is an Olympic Gold Medalist in mixed doubles. She has won five Grand Slam titles in women's doubles and two in mixed doubles.
• In women's doubles, she has won fifteen WTA Tour titles, most notably the 2015 Australian Open, 2015 French Open, 2016 US Open and 2017 Australian Open, all with Czech partner Lucie Safarova.
About Lucie Safarova
• Lucie Safarova is a professional Czech tennis player.
• She has won seven WTA tour singles titles and thirteen doubles titles.
• She reached her first Grand Slam semifinal at the 2014 Wimbledon Championships and her first Grand Slam final at the 2015 French Open.
• She also won the 2015 Australian Open, 2015 French Open, 2016 US Open and 2017 Australian Open women's doubles titles partnering with Bethanie Mattek-Sands.
About French Open
• The French Open is a major tennis tournament held over two weeks between late May and early June.
• It is held at the Stade Roland-Garros in Paris, France.
• The tournament is also called as Roland-Garros. It is named after the French aviator Roland Garros.
• It is the premier clay court tennis championship event in the world and the second of four annual Grand Slam tournaments. The other three are the Australian Open, Wimbledon and the US Open.
• Rafael Nadal is the winner of the 2017 French Open Men's Singles title.
• Jeļena Ostapenko is the winner of the 2017 French Open Women's Singles title.
• Ryan Harrison and Michael Venus won the 2017 French Open Men's Doubles title.
• Gabriela Dabrowski and India’s Rohan Bopanna won the 2017 French Open Mixed Doubles title.
When: 11 June 2017