State-run equipment maker Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) on 18 February 2016 commissioned a 270 MW generation unit at the Goindwal Sahib Thermal Power Project of private producer GVK Power & Infra in Punjab.
Thermal sets of 270 MW rating are in-house improvisations of the 210/250 MW sets supplied by the company earlier, which currently form the backbone of the Indian power sector and have been performing much above the national average as well as international benchmarks.
All the operational sets of 210-270 MW class in Punjab have been supplied, erected and commissioned by BHEL, i.e., six units of 210 MW at Ropar, 2 units of 210 MW and 2 units of 250 MW at Bhatinda, besides 270 MW Unit at Goindwal Sahib.
BHEL has earlier commissioned four hydro sets of 82.5 MW each at the Alaknanda Hydro Power Project in Uttarakhand by the same developer.
About Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd
• Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) is a power plant equipment manufacturer.
• It is owned by the Government of India.
• It was established in 1964.
• Heavy Electricals (India) Limited was merged with BHEL in 1974.
• It is India's largest engineering and manufacturing company of its kind.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
What: Commissioned by BHEL
When: 18 February 2016
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.