BHVS Narayana Murthy, an expert in Avionics, in the second week of September 2016 was appointed as Director of Research Centre Imarat (RCI).
The RCI is a premiere Defence Research Development Organisation (DRDO) laboratory located in Hyderabad.
Who is BHVS Narayana Murthy?
• BHVS Narayana Murthy has made contributions towards design, development and delivery of onboard computers, Missile launch processors, real-time mission software etc. in the last 30 years.
• He is an alumnus of NIT, Warangal.
• For his contributions to various defence R&D projects, he has won several awards and recognitions.
• He has been honoured with the Astronautical Society of India Rocket and Related Technologies Award, AGNI Award for Excellence in Self Reliance as a team Leader and DRDO Scientist of the Year Award.
• The Avionics Systems (Onboard computers, Navigation, Control) developed under his leadership has played a key role in the success of the Indian ICBM class Agni 5 and other missions.
About Research Centre Imarat
• Research Centre Imarat is responsible for Research and Development of Missile Systems, Guided Weapons and advanced Avionics for Indian Armed Forces.
• It was established by APJ Abdul Kalam in 1988.
• It made pioneering contributions towards successful flight testing of India's maiden Inter Continental Ballistic Missile Agni 5.
• It is the leading laboratory, which has successfully spearheaded the Indo-Israel joint development Medium Range Surface to Air Missile (MRSAM) programme and had hat-trick success in its first three consecutive missions.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: BHVS Narayana Murthy