BHVS Narayana Murthy appointed Director of Research Centre Imarat
Research Centre Imarat is responsible for Research and Development of Missile Systems, Guided Weapons and advanced Avionics for Indian Armed Forces.
BHVS Narayana Murthy, an expert in Avionics, in the second week of September 2016 was appointed as Director of Research Centre Imarat (RCI).
The RCI is a premiere Defence Research Development Organisation (DRDO) laboratory located in Hyderabad.
Who is BHVS Narayana Murthy?
• BHVS Narayana Murthy has made contributions towards design, development and delivery of onboard computers, Missile launch processors, real-time mission software etc. in the last 30 years.
• He is an alumnus of NIT, Warangal.
• For his contributions to various defence R&D projects, he has won several awards and recognitions.
• He has been honoured with the Astronautical Society of India Rocket and Related Technologies Award, AGNI Award for Excellence in Self Reliance as a team Leader and DRDO Scientist of the Year Award.
• The Avionics Systems (Onboard computers, Navigation, Control) developed under his leadership has played a key role in the success of the Indian ICBM class Agni 5 and other missions.
About Research Centre Imarat
• Research Centre Imarat is responsible for Research and Development of Missile Systems, Guided Weapons and advanced Avionics for Indian Armed Forces.
• It was established by APJ Abdul Kalam in 1988.
• It made pioneering contributions towards successful flight testing of India's maiden Inter Continental Ballistic Missile Agni 5.
• It is the leading laboratory, which has successfully spearheaded the Indo-Israel joint development Medium Range Surface to Air Missile (MRSAM) programme and had hat-trick success in its first three consecutive missions.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App