Book Entitled Indian Railway Track-Design, Construction and Maintenance Released
Mallikarjun Kharge released a Ruby Jubilee-40th Year Edition of the book titled Indian Railway Track on 13 November 2013.
Indian Railway Track-Design, Construction and Maintenance (Ruby Jubilee-40th Year Edition) by M.M. Agarwal
The Minister of Railways Mallikarjun Kharge released a Ruby Jubilee-40th Year Edition of the book titled Indian Railway Track-Design, Construction and Maintenance (Ruby Jubilee-40th Year Edition) on 13 November 2013. The book is authored by a renowned Civil Engineer M.M. Agarwal who served Indian Railways for 33 years and retired from the post of Chief Engineer.
About the book- Indian Railway Track-Design, Construction and Maintenance (Ruby Jubilee-40th Year Edition)
• This is the 19th revised edition of the book, which was originally written in 1973. The book has since then been revised almost every two years to include the latest technical developments in the track taking place on Railway around the world with special reference to Indian Railways.
• Indian Railway Track is designed for all the permanent way members, whether in office or in the field.
• The Ruby Jubilee (40th year) revised and enlarged edition 2013-14 contains 30 updated chapters covering the entire spectrum of track technology including its design, construction, maintenance and modernization from the fundamental.
• The book is a complete treatise on track technology and has been serving as a useful guide to all Railway Supervisors, Engineers and other professionals for the last about four decades.
• It is important to note that the Railway Track, also called Permanent Way, is the basic structure over which the trains run. The book covers all the vital aspects of Railway Tracks and related issues for the safety of Rail operations.
• The latest edition of the book covers not only the existing details about Track Standard, Track Maintenance and Track Modernisation but also gives details about high speed railway, dedicated freight corridors and all other new developments taking place on Indian Railways.
• The Railway Engineers use this book to ensure that they are able to carry out their duties more efficiently and smoothly with good technical input.
About the author of the book- M.M. Agarwal
• M.M. Agarwal wrote various other Civil Engineering books which are patronized by Railway professionals. These include Railway Works Engineering- Design, Construction, Maintenance - Objective Railway Engineering-Track, Works & Others, Indian Railway Safety-Ultimate Goal to prevent Railway Accidents)- Railway Engineering, Rail Path Parchiya (Hindi) and Rail Nirman & Pul Engineering (Hindi).
• He has also won various awards such as National Award (Railway Minister’s Prize & Award) for special work done on ‘Track Modernisation’ on Indian Railways (1973), President’s Award “Indira Gandhi Raj Bhasa Award” by Government of India for the best original book written in Rajbhasa for Engineering professionals (1993) and Lal Bahadur Raj Bhasha Award by Railway Board for best professional book in Raj Bhasa for Railway technical staff (2005).