Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) on 22 December 2015 gave its approval for implementation of an umbrella scheme for integrated development and management of fisheries. The scheme will be implemented at an outlay of 3000 crore rupees, for a period of five years.
It will cover development and management of inland fisheries, aquaculture, marine fisheries and all activities undertaken by the National Fisheries Development Board (NFDB) towards realizing Blue Revolution. The scheme has the following six broad components, and they are
• National Fisheries Development Board (NFDB) and its activities
• Development of Inland Fisheries and Aquaculture
• Development of Marine Fisheries, Infrastructure and Post Harvest Operations
• Strengthening of Database & Geographical Information System of the Fisheries Sector
• Institutional Arrangement for Fisheries Sector
• Monitoring, Control and Surveillance (MCS) and other need-based Interventions
The scheme aims development and management of fisheries and aquaculture sector to ensure a sustained annual growth rate of 6 to 8 percent. It will be implemented in all the States including North East States and Union Territories.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 22 December 2015