The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) on 3 October 2013 approved continuation of the scheme for Integrated Textile Parks in the 12th five year plan.
Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs Decisions
• CCEA also approved sanction of new projects for utilizing 717 crore Rupees the balance left in the 12th five year plan allocation, after meeting committed liabilities of the sanctioned 61 parks.
• It also gave its nod for an additional grant of 10 crore Rupees to be given to existing parks for setting up apprael manufacturing units. 50 crore Rupees have been allocated for the purpose.
About Integrated Textiles Parks
• The primary objective of the scheme for Integrated Textile Parks is to provide the industry with world class infrastructure facilities for setting up their textile units.
• The product mix in these parks would include apparels and garments parks, hosiery parks, silk parks, processing parks, technical textiles including medical textiles, carpet parks, powerloom parks.
• The Scheme for Integrated Textiles Parks seeks green field investments in textiles sector on a public private partnership basis with the objective of setting up world class infrastructure for Textiles industry.
The Scheme for Integrated Textile Parks (SITP) was approved in the 10th Five Year Plan (July 2005) to provide the industry with world-class infrastructure facilities for setting up their textile units by merging the erstwhile Apparel Parks for Exports Scheme (APES) and Textile Centre Infrastructure Development Scheme (TCIDS).
The scheme targets industrial clusters or locations with high growth potential, which require strategic interventions by way of providing world-class infrastructure support.
Where: New Delhi
When: 3 October 2013
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.