CCEA approves Ghatampur Thermal Power Project in Uttar Pradesh
The project will be installed through a Joint Venture Company named Neyveli Uttar Pradesh Power Limited, which is formed jointly by Neyveli Lignite Corporation Limited and Uttar Pradesh Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Limited.
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) on 20 July 2016 gave its approval for installation of Ghatampur Thermal Power Project (GTPS) of 1980 MW capacity through a Joint Venture Company.
The Joint Venture Company is named as Neyveli Uttar Pradesh Power Limited (NUPPL). The company is formed jointly by Neyveli Lignite Corporation Limited (NLC) and Uttar Pradesh Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Limited (UPRVUNL).
Key highlights of the project
• The project will be implemented at an estimated cost of 17237.8 crore rupees.
• The estimated cost includes Interest During Construction component of 3202.42 crore rupees.
• The commissioning of Unit I, II and III will be 52 months, 58 months and 64 months respectively from starting date.
• The benefits of the generation will be available in the XIII Five Year Plan.
• The energy generated by the project (about 14000 MU/annum) will mainly be supplied to Uttar Pradesh.
• Ministry of Coal had allotted Pachwara South coal block in Jharkhand State for meeting the coal requirement of the GTPS.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App