Chitra won bronze at IBSF World Snooker Championships
Chitra won the bronze at the IBSF World Snooker Championship.
Chitra Magimairajan won the bronze at the IBSF World Snooker Championship held at Daugvapils, Latvia. She lost to Wendy Jans of Belgium 1-4 in the semifinals.
In the final, Wendy Jans successfully defended her title by defeating Chunxia Shi of China 5-3.
In the men’s final, Zhou Yuelong of China defeated compatriot Zhao Xintong 8-3 to win the IBSF title.
The next edition of the IBSF World Snooker Championship will be held at Bangalore in November 2014. The last edition was held at Sofia, Bulgaria in 2012.
- The International Billiards & Snooker Federation (IBSF) is an organisation that governs non-professional snooker and English billiards around the world and was formed in 1971.
- The IBSF is made up of seventy three affiliated countries all of which belong to one of the five Olympic Regions: Africa, Americas, Asia, Europe and Oceania.
- The aims and objectives of the IBSF are to co-ordinate, promote and develop the sports of billiards and snooker on a non-professional level.
- The events that is organized and coordinated by the IBSF are: World Snooker Championships; World Team Snooker Cup; World Under-21 Snooker Championships; World Ladies Snooker Championships; and World Billiards Championships.
- The current President is James Leacy.
- The IBSF is the snooker division of the World Confederation of Billiard Sports (WCBS).
- The WCBS is an organisation that promotes cue sports in the form of carom, pool and snooker.
- The aim of the WCBS is to gain the acceptance of these three cue sports disciplines into the Olympic Games
If you have any Question/Point on the above information, please ask/discuss it in the Current Affairs