The International Competition Network (ICN) on 9 November 2016 announced that the Competition Commission of India (CCI) would host the 2018 ICN Annual Conference.
The Conference will be held at Delhi in March–April 2018.
By virtue of the event, CCI is also inducted as an ex-officio member of the steering group member of the ICN for a period of 3 years.
About Competition Commission of India
• The Competition Commission of India was set-up on 14 October 2003 to prevent practices having adverse effects on competition.
• It also aims at promoting and protecting interest of consumers and to ensure freedom of trade carried on by other participants in markets in India.
• It became fully functional in May 2009 with Dhanendra Kumar as its first Chairman.
• It has been a member of the ICN since 2003.
About International Competition Network
• The International Competition Network is an informal, virtual network that seeks to facilitate cooperation between competition law authorities globally.
• It was established in 2001 after the publication of a Final Report of the International Competition Policy Advisory Committee to the US Attorney General and Assistant Attorney General for Antitrust.
• It comprises 132 members from 120 competition jurisdictions exclusively devoted to international competition enforcement.
• It holds an Annual Conference which is hosted by a member competition agency.
• The last such Conference was hosted by Competition Commission of Singapore in April 2016. The Portuguese Competition Authority is hosting the next conference in May 2017.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.