The Conference of Ministers for Power, New & Renewable Energy of states & union territories will be held on July 3, 2018 in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh.
The Conference will be inaugurated by the Union Minister of State (IC) for Power and New & Renewable Energy, R K Singh.
The one-day conference aims to review the implementation of various ongoing schemes/ programmes & deliberate on a host of issues relating to power and renewable energy sectors.
• The conference will provide a platform to the Ministers and Secretaries of the states and union territories and senior officials of the power & renewable energy sectors and public sector undertakings under them to meet and discuss issues including 100 per cent household electrification (under Saubhagya scheme) by December, 2018, UDAY performance assessment, shifting to prepaid system in three years and 24x7 power for all from April 1, 2019.
• The senior officials will also discuss the proposed draft amendments in the provision of Captive Generating Plant in Electricity Rules, 2005 and flexibility in the utilisation of coal.
• Further, discussions will also be held on promoting environment-friendly measures such as setting up of charging infrastructure for e-vehicles, review of progress on adoption of Energy Conservation Building Code (ECBC) by the states and the UTs and establishment of standalone SDA for effective implementation of energy conservation and energy efficiency programmes.
• In the area of renewable energy, the delegates will discuss several important issues such as –
- Compliance of RPO targets
- Preparation of month wise plans for bidding solar & wind capacity by states/UTs
- Review of Solar Parks and Solar Rooftop Programme
• Besides, issues including automatic exemption from land ceiling act for renewable energy power projects, free intra-state transmission for solar/wind power and fast provision of Right of Way (RoW) for evacuation facility being set up by CTUs will also be discussed.
• Discussions will also be held on issues relating to small hydro power and biomass power.
• New emerging technologies in the renewable energy sector such as floating solar, wind solar hybrid, offshore wind and storage will also be taken up for discussion.
Lastly, the concluding session of the conference would comprise comments and feedback by state and union territories and the adoption of Conference Resolution by all the delegates.
What: To be held
Parliament passes Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Second Amendment) Bill, 2018
Assam-NRC Draft can’t be basis of any action by any authority: SC
Government to soon introduce bill proposing death penalty for mob lynching
Ministry of Shipping issues new guidelines for improving treasury investment for Major Ports