Current Affairs in Short: 07 November 2019
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the two-day Himachal Pradesh Global Investor Meet 2019 in Dharamshala.
PM Modi inaugurates Himachal Pradesh Global Investors Meet
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the two-day Himachal Pradesh Global Investor Meet 2019 in Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh.
• PM Modi addressed the Global Investors Conference, PM Modi said that the Global Investors Summit in Dharamshala sounds a bit strange to hear but it the truth.
• Himachal Pradesh Global Investors Meet will showcase investment opportunities in eight major sectors. These eight sectors are - agriculture, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, tourism, hotels, civil aviation, hydropower and renewable energy.
Govt launches three books on Guru Nanak Dev
• Food Processing Industries Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal and HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank launched three books based on Guru Nanak Dev.
• These books are - Guru Nanak Bani', 'Nanak Bani', and 'Sakhian Guru Nanak Dev'. These books were released with an objective to spread the message of Guru Nanak Dev’s writings among masses.
• HRD Minister said that these books were originally written in Gurumukhi but will be translated into 15 different Indian languages.
Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan re-elected as President of UAE
• Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan has been elected as President of UAE for a fourth five-year term.
• The UAE's Supreme Council of the Union elected him for the first time as President on 3rd November 2004.
• Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan is leading the country after the death of the Founding Father.
Smriti Mandhana becomes Second Fastest Indian to Score 2000 ODI Runs
• Smriti Mandhana has become the second Indian batsman to score the fastest 2,000 runs in ODIs. The left-handed batsman achieved this feat in the third and last ODI against the West Indies at the Sir Vivian Richards Stadium.
• Mandhana took 51 innings to score 2,000 runs. She has become number three in the list of players who have scored the fastest two thousand runs in the world.
• She is on the third position after Belinda Clarke and Meg Lenning of Australia. Shikhar Dhawan is the only player who has achieved this feat.
Official emblem for FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup released
• India is the host of FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup 2020. An official emblem was recently released in Mumbai for the event.
• The design of the emblem is a combination of Indian culture and the natural world along with colourful elements.
• The unique form of Indian calligraphy has used to write ‘India 2020’ as a symbol of the program. Also, a stylish Indian bandhani design used to create the design of football with a floral reference.
Also Read | HS Code to Khadi: How will export get a boost?