Ministry of AYUSH introduced Central Sector scheme for promoting Pharmacovigilance of AYUSH Drugs
• Ministry of AYUSH has introduced new Central Sector scheme for promoting pharmacovigilance of Ayurveda, Siddha, Unani and Homoeopathy (ASU&H) Drugs.
• Prime objective of the scheme is to develop the culture of documenting adverse effects and undertake safety monitoring of Ayurveda, Siddha, Unani and Homoeopathy drugs.
• The scheme intends to facilitate the establishment of three-tier network of National Pharmacovigilance Centre (NPvCC), Intermediary Pharmacovigilance Centres (IPvCCs) and Peripheral Pharmacovigilance Centres (PPvCC).
• All India Institute of Ayurveda, New Delhi, an autonomous body under the Ministry of AYUSH, has been designated as National Pharmacovigilance Centre for coordinating various activities of the initiative.
• In the initial phase of implementation, five National Institutes of AYUSH are designated as the Intermediary Pharmacovigilance Centres and 42 institutions of AYUSH having clinical facilities as Peripheral Pharmacovigilance Centres.
• It is intended to have more such centres across the country and achieve the target of 100 peripheral pharmacovigilance centres by 2020.
DAC Approves Procurement of Six NGOPVs
• The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) accorded approval for the procurement of six indigenously designed and manufactured Next Generation Offshore Patrol Vessels (NGOPVs) for the Indian Navy at an approximate cost of Rs. 4941 crore.
• The NGOPVs will be built in indigenous shipyards and will be fitted with state-of-the-art sensor suite with increased endurance.
• These platforms will strengthen maritime security by undertaking a multitude of operational roles both in blue water and littorals.
• These include seaward defence, protection of offshore assets, maritime interdiction operations and search & seizure operations, surveillance missions, mine warfare, anti-piracy missions and disaster relief and search and rescue missions.
President's Police medals for distinguished services announced
• 942 personnel have been awarded Police Medals on the occasion of the Independence Day this year.
• President’s Police Medal for Gallantry has been awarded to two personnel.
• Police Medal for Gallantry has been awarded to 177 personnel.
• President’s Police Medal for Distinguished Service to 88 personnel and Police Medal for Meritorious Service have been given to 675 personnel.
• Both the President's Police Medal for Gallantry have been awarded posthumously to CRPF Head Constable Mohd Tafail and CRPF Constable Sharief Ud Din Ganaie.
Government proposes new transaction structure for future of greenfield airports
• The government proposed a new transaction structure for future of greenfield airports to address the challenges regarding airport infrastructure development.
• This was proposed under Nextgen Airports for Bharat (NABH), Nirman initiative and its guiding principles are affordability, sustainability and predictability.
• The aim of the initiative is to expand airport capacity more than five times to handle a billion trips a year.
• A detailed note on the proposed transaction structure has been put on the Civil Aviation Ministry and the feedback can be received till 14th September.
Union Minister Nitin Gadkari launches road safety awareness video
• Minister for Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari launched road safety awareness video with Brand ambassador of road safety campaign actor Akshay Kumar in New Delhi.
• The priority of the Government is to reduce road accidents.
• The Ministry has written to Home Ministry to consider the good Samaritans in road accidents also for getting National Bravery Awards.
• Mr Gadkari expressed confidence that through the special videos the awareness about road safety will increase.
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.