Current Affairs in Short: 29 October 2019
The first National Corporate Social Responsibility Awards were recently conferred by the President Ram Nath Kovind.
Ram Nath Kovind confers first CSR Awards
• The first National Corporate Social Responsibility Awards were recently conferred by the President Ram Nath Kovind.
• This award was given to the various companies for their outstanding contribution in the area of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
• The award was initiated in the year of Mahatma Gandhi’s 150th birth anniversary. These awards will be conferred on October 2 every year.
Nirmal Purja becomes world’s fastest mountain climber
• Nirmal Purja, a Nepali mountaineer, has become the fastest mountain climber as he scaled 14 highest peaks in just over six months.
• The previous record of fastest mountain climbing was 7 years, 11 months and 14 days.
• He completed all 14 mountains, all over 8,000 metres (26,250 feet) in seven months under ‘Project Possible’.
India to sign Strategic Partnership Council Agreement with Saudi Arabia
• India will become the fourth country to sign the Strategic Partnership Council Agreement with Saudi Arabia. It would strengthen the robust relations of India and Saudi Arabia.
• Experts believe that this agreement will begin a new era of cooperation among various sectors of India and Saudi Arabia.
• Both the countries also agreed to hold a comprehensive security dialogue mechanism and they have also reached the level of entering into agreements on security cooperation, collaboration in defence industries.
Air India paints 'Ik Onkar' symbol to celebrate Guru Nanak's 550th Birth Anniversary
• The symbol of Sikh religion ‘Ik Onkar’ has been made on the tail of an Air India aircraft in order to commemorate the 550th Guru Nanak Jayanti.
• This aircraft will fly between Amritsar to Delhi thrice (Monday, Thursday and Saturday.) in a week.
• This flight service will help Sikh pilgrims to visit India on the occasion of 550th birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev.
80 immigration counters set up for speedy clearance at Kartarpur Corridor
• Pakistan has established 80 immigration counters for the pilgrims coming to Kartarpur. Work will be done on these counters to give quick clearance to the process of pilgrims coming to Pakistan.
• India and Pakistan signed an agreement on the Kartarpur Corridor which would allow Indian pilgrims to travel visa-free at the Gurdwara Darbar Sahib in Pakistan.
• Guru Nanak Dev, spent the last 17 years, 5 months and 9 days of his life here. His entire family had settled here.