Descriptive Questions brought to you by Jagranjosh.com for the month of November 2016 will be of immense help for the students.
1. Why these personalities were in news? (In 30 words)
(i) Justice Jagdish Singh Khehar
(ii) Meng Hongwei
(iii) Vinod Rai
(iv) Aniruddha Rajput
(v) Qamar Javed Bajwa
(vi) Kristalina Georgieva
(vii) Sushil Chandra
(viii) Fidel Castro
(ix) Lieutenant General (Retd.) Srinivas Kumar Sinha
(x) George Yeo
2. Discuss on following in not more than 150 words
I. COP7 to the WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control (FCTC)
II. Climate Change Performance Index (CCPI) 2017
III. NASA’s snack bars, a convenient alternative to the regular breakfast that astronauts can carry with them into space
3. Write on following in 100 words:
I. 24th edition of Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) summit
II. 2016 World Internet Conference
III. ITU’s 2016 edition of the Measuring the Information Society Report
4. Write on the following developments in Indian States in not more than 100 words
I. The Delhi High Court direction that son has no legal right to live in parents house irrespective of his marital status.
II. The Uttarakhand High Court order in which all hill stations and glaciers in the state to be declared as eco-sensitive within three months
III. Uttar Pradesh’s state-wide integrated emergency services UP-100
IV. Fly Ash Utilisation Policy adopted in Maharashtra
V. World Bank-funded Jhelum-Tawi flood recovery project in Srinagar
VI. Supreme Court decision that Punjab Government’s 2004 law, terminating the Sutlej-Yamuna Link (SYL) canal water sharing agreement, was unconstitutional.
5. The Supreme Court (SC) ordered all cinema halls across India to play the National Anthem before the screening of films. Critically examine it under the Prevention of Insults to National Honour Act of 1951.
6. Write about the following developments in not more than 50 words:
I. President-elect Donald Trump
II. Derailment of Indore-Patna Express near Kanpur
III. Launch of Housing for All Scheme in rural areas
IV. India’s election as Vice Chair of Kimberly Process Certificate Scheme (KPCS) 2018 and as the Chair for 2019 of KPCS.
V. Smart India Hackathon 2017
VI. Supreme Court direction that election of a candidate could be set aside for making false declaration on educational qualifications in the nomination paper.
VII. Revised peace agreement between the Colombian government and FARC rebels
VIII. Bangladesh decision to honour the families of 1668 martyrs of the Indian Army who fought in the 1971 India-Pakistan war
7. Briefly discuss the following in 200 words:
Demonetisation of India’s biggest banknotes and its effect.
8. Framework Agreement of International Solar Alliance. Examine it.
9. Critically examine India-Switzerland agreement on sharing of Bank information.
10. Examine Bhopal encounter and its legality.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.