Descriptive Questions brought to you by Jagranjosh.com for the month of March 2015 will be of immense help for the students. The questions provided covers major events that have any likelihood of being asked in any competitive exams like IAS/PCS, SSC, Banking and MBA.
1. Answer the following in not more than 50 words
(i) Sangeeta Bhatia
(ii) Dr. Anand Kumar
(iii) Vivek Moorthy
(vi) Operation Maitri
(vii) Operation Raahat
(viii) Pratap Singh
(ix) Yashwant Sinha
(x) Bhalchandra Nemade
2. Critically examine the Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s three-nation tour to France, Germany and Canada and bring out how this visit will give a boost to India’s economic and strategic agenda in long-run.
3. “Urban infrastructure in India needs a gigantic effort from the government at both the levels, viz., State and Centre.” Examine the statement in light of Smart Cities Mission and AMRUT mission that was launched by the Union Government recently.
4. “The civil war in Yemen can only be ended with dialogue and not military strikes.” Do you agree? If yes, then critically analyse the Yemen peace plan suggested by Iran.
5. Answer on the following developments in not more than 100 words
(i) INS Tarangini
(iii) Guided Missile Destroyer Vishakhapatnam
(iv) Congenital Rubella Syndrome (CRS)
(v) Digital Diffraction Diagnosis System
(vi) Net Neutrality and its impact on India
6. Bring out the provisions of Compensatory Afforestation Fund (CAF) Bill , 2015 and its importance.
7. “E-Waste is a major challenge being faced by the world.” Discuss the statement in the light of Global e-Waste Monitor 2014 report released recently.
8. Bring out the causes and consequences of the Nepal earthquake. Also discuss the lessons that can be learned by India from this incident.
9. “Air pollution is a major pollution faced not only by Delhi but also major Indian cities.” In this light examine the judgments of National Green Tribunal (NGT) and suggest other measures that can be dwelt upon to reduce the level of air pollutants in the country.