Descriptive Questions brought to you by Jagranjosh.com for the month of March 2016 will be of immense help for the students.
1. Why these personalities were in news? (in 30 words)
(i) Surya Deva
(ii) Justice (retd) Permod Kohli
(iii) Amar Abrol
(iv) Justice Balbir Singh Chauhan
(v) Zaha Hadid
(vi) Ustad Ali Ahmad Hussain Khan
(vii) Haldhar Nag
(viii) Lori Robinson
(ix) Sir Andrew Wiles
(x) Hanan Al Hroub
2. Discuss on following in not more than 150 words
(i) Discuss the outcomes of 13th India-EU Summit.
(ii) Akhilesh Ranjan Committee on taxation of e-Commerce and Equalisation Levy
3. Write on following in 100 words:
(i) Global Energy Architecture Performance Index report 2016
(ii) eAtlas of Gender Inequality in Education and India
(iii) Global Trends in Renewable Energy Investments 2016
4. Write on the following developments in Indian States in not more than 100 words
(i) Sixth Economic Census of Himachal Pradesh
(ii) Mukhyamantri Santwana harish Yojana of Karnataka
(iii) Steps taken by Rajashtan in Electricity Distribution Sector reforms
(iv) Mukhyamantri Kanya Vivah Yojana of Madhya Pradesh
(v) Senior Citizen Policy of Uttar Pradesh
(vi) Jammu & Kashmir Industrial Policy 2016
(vii) Maharashtra Prohibition on Social Boycott Bill, 2016
(viii) Punjab Settlement of Agricultural Indebtedness Bill , 2016
(ix) Pattiseema Lift Irrigation Project
(x) Madhya Pradesh Higher Education Quality Improvement Project
5. Discuss the re-classification of industries in four colour scheme based on pollution level. Do you think this will help reduce pollution from industries? Support your argument with examples.
6. Write about the following developments in not more than 50 words:
(i) Microhyla Laterite frog
(ii) Agasthyamala Biosphere Reserve
(iv) ExoMars 2016
(v) Use of drones in health services
(vii) GIRI Radar System
(viii) India’s first indigenous Sonar Dome
(ix) FORCE 18
(x) My Biosphere, My Future campaign
7. What was the tax proposal on Employee Provident Fund suggested in the Union Budget 2016-17? Do you think the proposal would have contributed towards a pensioned society in India? Critically examine.
8. Determining the small savings interest rate on quarterly basis in order to bring it in line with the prevailing yields on government securities will help boost economic growth but at a less secured society. Examine.
9. Briefly discuss the following in 200 words:
(i) Revised Framework for Revival and Rehabilitation of MSMEs
(ii) Uridashi Masala Bonds
(iii) Setu Bharatam Project
(iv) Mahila e-Haat
(v) National Waterways Bill, 2015
10. Critically examine the main provisions of Aadhar Act, 2016.