Current Affairs Questions-Answers for May 2015-Descriptive Questions
Descriptive Questions brought to you by Jagranjosh.com for the month of May 2015 will be of immense help for the students.
Descriptive Questions brought to you by Jagranjosh.com for the month of May 2015 will be of immense help for the students. The questions provided covers major events that have any likelihood of being asked in any competitive exams like IAS/PCS, SSC, Banking and MBA.
1. Answer the following in not more than 50 words
(i) Veena Jain
(ii) G Satheesh Reddy
(iii) Mariana Elena South
(v) Swiss Challenge Method
(vi) Pradeep Kumar Sinha
(vii) Sambisa Forest
(viii) Sepp Blatter
(ix) TOP Scheme
2. Critically examine the Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s three-nation tour to China, Mongolia and South Korea. Also bring out how pragmatic is the approach of visiting all the nations and how it will help in raising India’s stature on the global platform.
3. “Black Money in India will keep on growing unless and until the politico-business-bureaucrats nexus is broken. No measures in isolation will curb the generation of black money. It needs an integrated approach.” In this light examine the two bills introduced in the Parliament in May 2015.
4. “Provisional estimates of Central Statistics Office (CSO) for the GDP 2014-15 and the estimates by other international bodies show that India will overtake China’s growth rate in 2016.” Analyse the statement.
5. Answer on the following developments in not more than 100 words
(iii) Gold Monetisation Scheme
(v) Type Ia Supernovae
6. Bring out the main highlights of Environmental Democracy Index (EDI) 2015 and how does India fares in terms of fostering environmental democracy?
7. “Namami Gange Programme tries to integrate the efforts to clean and protect the Ganga River in a comprehensive manner.” Do you agree? What other measures can be suggested to clean the river?
8. Bring out the main features of 14th Lion Census Report 2015.